If you’ve recently sent a child off to college, you’re probably counting down the days to Christmas. It’s coming soon! You’ll have them home for at least a few weeks – eating all your food and napping until noon. As they return home for some necessary rest, you’ll want to start thinking of a few great gifts for college students.
College students are notoriously strapped for cash, so take this opportunity to give them both practical and fun gifts. Take some time to check out this list for a few thoughtful and creative gifts for college students.
10+ Christmas Gifts For College Students
Practical Gifts For College Students
- Cactus Dryer Balls – Let’s just assume your newly independent child is doing laundry regularly. With lots of laundry to do, these dryer balls are a fun alternative to dryer sheets. Plus, they’ll save you and your student money in the long run!
- Llama Duster – I work with a lot of college students, and I don’t know if they EVER dust. I think that might be a different story with this funny take on a duster. Who could refuse the fun of a day of cleaning with this llama?!
- Rainbow Power Charger – Your college student likely has more than one item that needs charging. Whether it’s a laptop, phone, iPad, etc., the amount of chords and chargers involved gets a little chaotic. This whimsical 5-in-1 charger is a great addition to their dorm room.
- Coffee Subscription – It’s likely your have a kid that runs on caffeine. If they are big coffee-lovers, set them up for success with a monthly subscription. Wrap this up with a grinder and a great mug, and you have a great gift.
- 2018 Planner – They’ll soon be heading back into another semester, and what better way to set them up for success than a new planner. Ink + Volt sells lots of options for planners to fit your kid’s personality, but you can also check out notebooks, stationery, and other accessories for more gift ideas.
Fun Gifts For College Students
- Gift Cards – This may not sound like the most exciting gift, but give your college student an excuse to take a study break. Find a movie theatre or favorite restaurant near school and let them enjoy a fun night on you.
- Subscription Box – The gift that gives beyond Christmas. Check out a number of great subscription options for your student and give them a number of monthly deliveries. They’ll look forward to each box’s arrival. A win for parents; a win for kids.
- Beard Grooming Kit – Has your son embraced the college life and come home with a full face of hair? Help him keep everything looking great with a variety of grooming kits. There are tons of options for beard oils, brushes, and moisturizers, which will be especially helpful for the winter months.
- Turntable – If your student is a music-lover, gift them with this portable record player. This will be a great addition to their dorm room or apartment. Add a new record or two to the package, and your college kid will be all set.
- Ethical clothing/jewelry – One of the most admirable characteristics of today’s college students is their desire to live consciously. They want to buy items that give back and empower others. Check out a few of these businesses and the active ways they seek to impact the world.
Out of Print
Ten Thousand Villages
Whether your kids are in need of new laundry accessories or could use some good monthly surprises, take the time to shop wisely for your college student. Ask them what they need and want. Pay attention to new hobbies or foods they’re enjoying. Give thoughtful gifts, and most importantly, enjoy the time at home with your kids.